Meet the Fall 2017 Student Ambassadors
Fredericton, NB - The Pond-Deshpande Centre (PDC) and the New Brunswick Social Policy Research Network (NBSPRN) are pleased to announce the 2017-2018 cohort of Student Ambassadors.
Each academic year a cohort of students is selected from across New Brunswick and equipped with the tools needed to make a positive change in their community.
"One of the great things about the program is that it's always evolving to meet the needs of the students. This year the program will place more of an emphasis on social entrepreneurship and social policy, in the hopes of inspiring more social innovators in the region."
- Symone Jennings, Student Ambassador Program Coordinator, Pond-Deshpande Centre.
For the first time, on Oct 22nd, PDC and NBSPRN will officially launch the program at ConnexionWorks in Saint John.
"It's important now, more than ever, to expose the students to the entrepreneurial community in Saint John and give them a first-hand look at the initiatives, entrepreneurs and businesses that are integral parts of the region."
The participants include 15 passionate students selected and five program alumni who will join as active leaders and mentors to the incoming cohort of Ambassadors.
The Student Ambassador Experience encompasses:
• Building a peer-network of like-minded individuals.
• Boston Tour of the entrepreneurial ecosystem including programming on social impact and social policy.
• A grant up to $1,000 cash to test an innovative idea with a team, mentors, and funding.
• Leading and organising the Youth Entrepreneurship Summit (YES Atlantic).
• Opportunities to explore the social entrepreneurial ecosystem in India and other international opportunities
• More than 45 opt-in opportunities including the GovMaker Conference, Pitch Competitions,
Creative Connections Conference, Startup Weekend and much more.
See below for the complete list of 2017-2018 Student Ambassadors:
Contact for all media inquiries and student interviews: Symone Jennings: Student Ambassador Program Coordinator, Pond-Deshpande Centre, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 506-260-0048
The Pond-Deshpande Centre at the University of New Brunswick acts as a catalyst to grow and support a stronger culture of innovation and high-impact entrepreneurship in the province of New Brunswick. It was founded through the support of Gururaj “Desh” Deshpande, President and Chairman of Sparta Group LLC, Jaishree Deshpande, Treasurer of Sparta Group LLC, and a founder of the Deshpande Foundation, and Gerry Pond, Chairman of Mariner Partners and CEO of East Valley Ventures. For more information, visit www.ponddeshpande.ca